As Pega7 launched by Pegasystem, Now Everybody looking to switch to Pega 7. But to upgrade to Pega7 one should aware of following points.
1. Environment Consideration
2. Database Preperation
3. Upgrade the Rulebase
4. Upgrade PRPC Application
5. Configure PRPC
With these everybody also like to know what problems they may have to face if they switch(migrate) from older version to Pega 7 Version.
We try to share some experience before you think you want to change your application to Pega 7.
1. Makesure you havnt did much customisation in your code like adding CSS
2. There will be RD issues which you have to deal. Most of them can be resolved easily or for some of them you may need to raise SR.
3. Icons issue: So many icons got changed in pega 7. so make sure about that becuase if you have used so many pega icons then you have to compromise with whatever you got in pega7.
4. Some of controls issues like date time, calender issue
5. Many alignment issues like button displacement
6. Color changes in header
7. Ajax call failure global issue which you may have to face as Pega 7 is very heavy and on top of that application will be having code which leads to this Ajax issue very common.